Geauga County Library Foundation (OLD)
The Geauga County Library Foundation was created to inspire library programs and service by providing assistance to the Geauga County Public Library and to ensure that our public library system will continue to meet the present needs of our community, as well as grow to meet future challenges.
If you would like more information about making a donation or including the Foundation in your estate planning, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Vision of the GCLF is a library system that fosters an informed, engaged, and connected community.
The Mission of the GCLF is to support and enhance the mission of the GCPL through philanthropy and community engagement.
Geauga County Library Foundation
Board of Trustees
The Geauga County Library Foundation is governed by a board of trustees. All funds received by the Foundation are guided by the trustees and are to be used to benefit the Geauga County Public Libraries.
We would like to thank the current Geauga County Library Foundation Board for their dedication to the Library Foundation.
- Alice Munn, Co-Chair
- Marcia Owen, Co-Chair
- Cas McBride, Secretary
- Bill Jackson, Treasurer
- Rachael Hartman
- Sarah Osinsky
- Gloria Brach
- Cheryl Kuonen
- Matt Warnock
Ways to Support GCLF
Chartered in 1989 as a non-profit corporation in the State of Ohio, the Foundation has tax exempt status under Sec. 501 (c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
Foundation Star Donors
The Foundation offers two levels of donor support. The annual membership is $100 for an individual and $150 for a couple and covers a membership period of January 1 through December 31. The Partners for Life level is $1,500 for an individual and $2,000 for a couple.
Gifts to the Foundation
- Contributions become a part of the endowment fund whose income and principal will be directed by the Geauga County Library Foundation Executive Board of Trustees.
- Gifts to the Foundation can come in various forms including:
- unrestricted gifts: gifts of cash or securities for flexible purposes
- memorial gifts: contributions given in memory of a family member or friend
- deferred gifts: gifts through bequests, life insurance annuities and trusts
- restricted gifts: gifts given for a specific and limited purpose
- gifts in-kind: gifts of equipment, land, or services useful to the library
- matching gifts: many employers will match an employee’s gift on a one-to-one basis
- corporate grants
- life insurance policies which are no longer needed
- long-term appreciating property gifts
- bequests or a legacy to the Foundation through a will
- testamentary and living trusts