Get a Library Card
Get a Library Card
How to and faqs
How do I get a library card?
Getting your own Geauga County Public Library card is easy. Simply visit any GCPL location and fill out a quick form. We just need to verify your address and record how we can get in touch with you. Any Ohio resident is eligible for a card.
What do I need to bring?
All we need is photo identification and proof of residency. So, if you’ve just moved to the area and don’t have a current State ID or driver’s license, bring a utility bill or other document that shows your name and new address along with your former license. Otherwise, a valid driver’s license with your address is all it takes to get your card.
What am I entitled to?
Having a GCPL card gives you access to a vast collection of print and electronic materials. Our system holds more than half a million materials. Lending periods vary by item.
How do minors get a card?
Parents or legal guardians of children under 18 years of age must accompany minors when applying for the card, and must sign the library card application form. Parents and legal guardians are responsible for all selection of materials and paying fines and fees on minors’ cards.
What are the benefits?
- Music on CD
- Downloadable books
- Downloadable magazines
- Downloadable music
- Audiobooks on CD and Playaway
- Movies on DVD and Blu-Ray
- Dozens of research databases
- Telescopes for home use
We also offer eCards.
works as a library card
Geauga County Public Library offers a mobile app that makes it easy for patrons to search the collection, place holds and manage their library accounts. If you forget to bring your card, no worries. You have access to your card and account with the Clevnet app. Download and carry a virtual card on your phone. Never worry about forgetting to bring your card to the library again. Your app works as a card!
- A searchable collection, with the ability to place holds and manage “My Account”
- Physical and digital (Overdrive / Libby) titles available in searches and “My Account”
- Linked Accounts – manage account information for a family member
- Nearest libraries feature – find directions and contact information for the nearest library
- A virtual library card for primary account and linked accounts
Visit any GCPL location for assistance downloading the app or with any questions about its use and features.